Friday, June 12, 2009

Losing with a Smile

This year I’ve had the fun opportunity to brag that I was nominated for 2009 Texas State Musician. As I understand it, only a handful (or two) are nominated each time this comes up. Out of several hundred thousand Texas musicians, it is truly an honor to be recognized. The Texas legislature finally got around to holding the final vote a couple of weeks ago, and I wasn’t their pick (this time). I lost to a guy down in the Hill Country who has been known to have a drug problem, financial issues, and unpaid back taxes. He also writes great songs, has the most unique vocal style in Country music, and has never declared bankruptcy. Of course, I’m talking about Willie Nelson.

You know, if I have to lose to someone, I’d definitely choose Willie. In fact, it’s a travesty that he wasn’t picked the very first year. Oh well, better late than never. And now he can brag that he beat out Ryan Michael Galloway!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home